Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dating with Aspergers Syndrome

Dear Single Gals,

I have msn, facebook and yahoo. I have been on a few dating websites and I have received nothing and I do have aspergers syndrome and I think that may be why I have been single for that long what do you sexy girls think?

Andrew, England


Dear Andrew,

First, I have to say that it doesn't matter whether you have a disorder or not...I've been single for 5.5 years and Single Gal has been single for 3 but we're still optimistic! I mean look at Heather Mills...one leg and she married a Beatle!! (I had to use that example cause you’re from the UK). Remember that no matter what, there is always something that appeals to another, so you can't discredit yourself.

Second, I don’t know much about Aspergers syndrome or Austism, but have you ever considered dating anyone with the same disorder as you? I would think that it would definitely be less threatening knowing that other person is in the same boat.

I searched the web and there seems to be some social networking sites out there for people with similar disorders (and the girls are cute too!) – one I found was http://www.weareautism.org/. If you just type in Autism and dating…many things come up. There are also many charity sites for Autism/Aspergers that require volunteers and hold events, this may be an option to get out there and meet people.

Here are a couple links and books that may be of interest to you:

http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=10


http://ezinearticles.com/?Aspergers-and-Autism-Dating-Sites---Chat-Can-Easily-Get-You-Started-in-Finding-Your-Date&id=1544344

Autistic Guide to Dating - by Emelia Murry Ramey and Jody John Ramey

Aspergers in Love – by Maxine C. Aston


Good luck Andrew!

Single Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment