Friday, June 4, 2010

Vacation Buzz

I love going on vacation, the excitement, the getting away from the everyday, the sun, the sand, the cities, the history, the vacation flings, I can go on but I won’t bore you with the details.

If you didn’t notice I was away for 10 days, I was on a tour of the Eastern half of Turkey. Being away is great honestly when I’m away the last thing I want to think about is my life back home. Traveling to me is like an instant get out of jail free card. To clarify my life is not a prison but sometimes the routines and sameness of everything needs a jolt and going on vacation does it for me. I am instantly revitalized and I come back with a vacation glow, unfortunately the glow only lasts for so long and at that point it is time once again to mix it up.

I don’t normally travel on my own, this is only the 2nd time in my life I have done so and it not having to be for work. It is and was a great experience and if you don’t know yourself before the solo travel, you’ll definitely know yourself after the experience. Saying this, of course if given the choice I definitely prefer traveling with friends, a significant other or the like but being a solo traveler isn’t that bad. Also as you get older and are single it’s sometimes hard to find friends whose schedule, finances, life matches your own to travel with. So for any single gals looking to get away, my advice to you is to do it, as the saying goes, that which doesn’t kill you will only make you stronger.

Queen B

1 comment:

  1. Just what I needed to hear..... I have often wanted to get away but I am a little nervous about going by myself.... thanks for sharing, the little reminders and nudges to do things are always appreciated.....

    ReplyDelete