Tuesday, November 16, 2010

50 First Dates – Date #5 – The Unexpected Good Time

So my 5th date is a friend of a friend set-up. My friend had never met, let’s call him “Jack”, or knew anything about him. I didn’t care though, I’m up for anything these days so I agreed.
About three weeks ago Jack called and left a message. I called him back the next day and left him a message. Then I didn’t hear from him for two weeks. I had actually forgotten all about him until my friend mentioned that he told his friend he hadn’t called me back yet and she got mad at him for taking too long. He was like “oh is that too long to call back?” for most girls it is too long, but for me who is trying to accumulate 50 dates in a year, I got over it. He was busy…but who the fuck isn’t?

He finally got in touch and we chatted for a bit and set up a date for last Friday. Friday came and I have to admit that I was borderline wanting to cancel. I was tired and really not into it. I decided to suck it up and dragged myself together. We met at a restaurant and he walked in as I was waiting at the bar. I have to say that at first I was like “ok, not too bad” there was something about him. I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

We got seated, and I was instantly at ease…this is how I know (or thought I knew) that I’m probably not that attracted to them. As dinner went on, we had really good conversation, he made me laugh both intentionally and unintentionally, he was complimentary and wanted to know about me. And then it hit me…“he looks like Jack Black!!” Ha, I knew there was something and for some reason I started to find this attractive!

We had a really good time and he paid (I think guys are starting to get the message!). At the end I was parked further away so he drove me to my car where he kissed me very passionately (although when he leaned in I started to laugh…I just couldn’t help it!!) I was surprised how attracted to him I ended up being…it’s almost like he gave me no choice.

It’s funny how we have these ideal men in our mind, men who our friends picture us with (I have one friend who every time I go on a date or meet a guy she claims to have a dream about it thinking this is the one) and who we picture ourselves with. My guy was always at least 6’, built, had tattoos and probably worked a blue collar type job. This guy is the complete opposite of all that.

Remember girls, be opened minded out there. You never know when it will hit you or with who. He may still turn out to be a total jerk (that’s the 31 year old skeptic, standoffish biatch in me) but at least I now know they don’t all have to be Mark Walbergs!

Single chick!

No comments:

Post a Comment