Thursday, November 18, 2010

Way to go team Marriott!

I am blessed to know some amazing women. My dear friend Nadine is of of these women. This past Sunday she had just completed a half marathon for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society (LLS). She sent out the following e-mail to all of her supporters and I loved it so much I thought it should be shared, to inspire us all to do great things.


Thank you so much to all supporters - both of me personally but most importantly of the Leukemia Lymphoma Society (LLS). Race day was on Sunday November 14th.It was a perfect day for running!! Great weather, beautiful coastline scenery, and now I can say, the 13.1 mile mission accomplished. The biggest accomplishment was all thanks to you - I was able to raise $2,192.92 (barely shy of my $2200 goal). Asa team, my 2 coworkers and I exceeded our fundraising goal and raised $6,671.50.

There were a lot of purple shirts in the Big Sur Half Marathon, signifying other team in training participants all running for a cure. As a group we raised just under a quarter million dollars. You were all a part of that and again I thank you. I had a great run for the first 10 miles. Felt strong and hit my stride...the last 3 miles were much more difficult. It was tough to hang on and I ended up walking more than I wanted to. I finished at 2 hours and 30 minutes but had hoped to finish10 to 15 minutes earlier than that. This was an amazingly inspiring endeavor and one I will treasure always. You always grow when you push yourself out of your comfort zone and do something you've never done before. I had done a half-marathon 7 years ago, but I had never fund raised anything more than $200 in my life. You also grow when you're able to do something for someone other than yourself and have the ability to share your time, talent and/or treasure for people who you may never know personally. It is so gratifying to know that we're all a part of something bigger than ourselves and to know how much we can accomplish when everyone does a little.

God bless you all!!

To see Nadine and her team in training: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/honolulu10/TeamMarriott 

If you'd like to learn more about joining Team In Training, you can visit: http://www.teamintraining.org.

Thank you Team Marriott for a job well done for a worthy cause.

You ladies rock! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment