Thursday, March 31, 2011

Don't sweat the small stuff


I believe that what you put into life is what you get back. I try to be as positive as possible because I know for a fact that after every bad moment comes good one. I think you have to experience life to the fullest and go for those dreams. Recently I've started taking drum lessons and the first thing my instructor said to me was I want you to be in the right mind set. 'You will be a drummer!' we will take it slow and YOU WILL be a drummer I don't want you to stress when you cannot get something because it WILL come to you and you have stressed for nothing. It all comes in time and attitude is everything!

Everything does come in time with a little hard work, perseverance and being in the right mind set. Therefore there is no need to be stuck in a job that you hate that causes you countless hours of stress and misery. One day you can be replaced and that stress was for nothing. I have a friend that hates her job, is always working and even when she is out she cannot let go of work. I told her that life is too short to be this hung up on work, if she hates it so much she should put her resume out there. However her issue is that she has no idea what she wants to do. She does not want to do the same work she is doing now. This is a tough one and if you face this dilemma I suggest you think about what you love doing, maybe you will need to make a career change. If it's a career change research how you can make this change, maybe it's a night school or online course. Believe me when you are working towards something you love the job you hate is not such a big deal because you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

What stops most of us from making change is fear. Fear of failure, fear of success, fear of the unknown, whatever your reason for not doing something it usually stems from fear. When we fear things we make excuses, like I'm too old, I don't have the time, I have kids to take care of.....etc EXCUSES. If you really want something to change in your life you have to work at it. Nothing happens from complaining, wishing or wallowing in you misery..NOTHING! Once you start making those changes you will find that the help you need, will be there and things get easier. The hardest thing to do is to take that first step, but once you are in motion nothing can stop you.

We are all responsible for our own happiness, do the things that give you joy, never let another person be the cause of your happiness. You are the controller of your life, even when something bad happens, you may not have been able to control the situation but you can control how you deal with if after.

Be happy girls, don't sweat the small stuff, pray for strength to deal with the big stuff and always work towards your happiness.

Cheers!

1 comment: