Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What to wear? Spring fashion tips.

I love fashion, I have always loved fashion, I read magazines, I watch people on the street, I have watched Fashion Television since I can remember and I of course love to shop. If you know me you’ll know that I’m diverse in what I like to wear. Sometimes I’m very girly, girl, sometimes I’m professional, sometimes it’s flirty and other times casual cool. I can dress up and dress down with the best of them.

The advise I will give you all is to know your body, accept your body, love your body and work with your body in the clothes you buy. You don’t have to buy the most expensive items out there but you should buy quality pieces that will last for years. Remember your clothes are an investment and they should work for you not against you.

Since it’s spring I’m going to give you my top 5 tips on what I think every girl should have in their closet.

Tip #1: A great pair of spring/summer jeans. The reason I say spring/summer jeans is because sometimes the denim on your jeans is too thick and isn’t going to work during the warm days of spring. So find yourself a great lighter denim that fits you properly and you’re good to go.
Note: The trend this season (again) is ripped jeans I wouldn’t recommend spending a lot on an expensive pair of ripped jeans but a cheaper pair that works on you is a good trendy piece.
Tip #2: White. I love white, I don’t wear enough white and I should because I’ve got a great skin tone for it. Anyway I digress what I recommend is that you have some great white tops, dresses, skirts, shorts and/or shoes (flats preferably) that are white. It is spring and even if you don’t have a tan, your natural spring/summer glow makes white pop.
Tip #3: A great pair of shorts. I love shorts, and what you have to remember about shorts is that you need to understand your body. A great walking short can work for almost anyone, to dress up, put on some heels, a great top and some banging accessories. To dress it down change to a more casual shoe and top. If you are opting for a shorter short, remember to make it look classy and not trashy. Wear a flatter shoe during the day and switch to heels at night to dress up the look.
Note: The trend this season is the shortest shorts around, while I don’t recommend this look for most people, if you have legs that are hot and go for miles, work it.
Tip #4: A great dress. All good wardrobes need to have a great spring/summer dress. The dress doesn’t need to be all girly but you should look feminine in the dress. If you are not the girly type opt for a more structured wrap dress or shirt dress. I love dresses in the summer for many reasons, not the least of which is the quick transfer from day to evening with shoe and accessory changes.
Tip #5: Flats. Victoria Beckham may live in 5 inch heels but some of us enjoy walking the streets in the summer. So having a great, funky flat shoe that is stylish but comfortable is a must. There are so many options available with skins (think snake, real not fake) and textures that you are sure to find something you like.

Fashion is fun and unpredictable and whimsical enjoy it.

Queen B

No comments:

Post a Comment