Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Empowering girls one movement at time...

To all our Single Gal followers,

I am the Volunteer Coordinator for Girl’s on the Run whose mission it is "to educate and prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living." We need volunteers for our big “It’s Cool to be Me 5K Race” on Saturday June 11, 2011 at Downsview Park. The event will run from 8:30am – 12:00pm; we will need volunteers to help direct parking, work the water stations, cheer the girls on and for various other duties.

I know this is early notice but being Single Gals our calendars fill up quickly. If you have not committed to anything on the morning of Saturday June 11, 2011 and live in the Greater Toronto Area we would love to have your support. Our goal is to have at least 100 volunteers to help out on that day.

To all my male followers and I know you’re out there (a.k.a. my brothers friends) we do need male volunteers to help with set up of tents and the stage for that day, no pressure but I know I have dirt on all of you. To my married gals bring your hubbies along and make it a family event. To my Single Gals maybe this can be a first date for you, just think how great that guy would be who is willing to help with your volunteer efforts .

If you’re interested e-mail me at hopefulinto@single-gals.com and I will send you a volunteer registration form.

I hope to see you there.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment