Sunday, January 23, 2011

Positive Changes



Hey Ladies, guess who is newly employed???? It’s me, Queen B and I’m happy to report that I will once again be in the land of the working. If you’ve read my previous posts you know that I was laid off in early December and I wrote that I was giving myself until March to find something and was looking at the positive’s rather than the negative’s. Well maybe my attitude and dedication to finding something new paid off because I have accepted a position that not only challenges me but will provide me with the opportunity to refine skills and learn new things.

As I mentioned before I think things happen for a reason and I also feel that you have to contribute to the changes you want out of life. What I mean by this is that you have to make things happen for yourself and set targets that you can aim for. I can’t tell you how many jobs I applied for and how many interviews I have been on but I changed my attitude and decided that if something didn’t work out it just wasn’t meant to be and to not dwell on the bad but to focus on the good. (I know easier said then done).

What are the top things I have learned from being off work for the past 6 weeks.
1. Be kind to yourself and don’t stress about the things you can’t change.
2. If you have a bad day don’t let it ruin others.
3. Apply for any job even if you don’t meet all the requirements, if you make it to the interview and you wow them with how fantastic you are, they will let it slide.
4. Be assertive and ensure that you are being treated fairly. If you don’t think you are then consult with a lawyer and/or others to make sure you’re getting what you deserve.
5. Last but not least your family and friends are always there for you and will support you through the good times and the bad times.

You may be asking did the energy healer have anything to do with this new outlook and outcome? Who knows but as I said, he made me feel like a million bucks and if that helped me get a new job then well done.

Queen B

1 comment: